Voice Response Unit
Do you need routine information about claims, eligibility or authorization status? You can call our Voice Response Unit (VRU) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The VRU is a fully automated tool that offers quick and easy information over the phone. Call to check:
- Coverage and benefits
- Effective dates
- Group numbers
- Claims status
- Authorization information
Since the system is automated, you’ll get answers fast. You won’t need to speak with a representative.
How to reach the VRU
- For BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina member information, call:
- For BlueCard® member information call 800-676-BLUE (2583).
- For State Health Plan member information call 800-444-4311.
- For Federal Employee Program member information call 888-930-2345.
See our VRU Guide for information you'll need and tips on navigating menu options.